SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST A DELICIOUS COOKBOOK!
TAILOR YOUR NUTRITION TO YOUR FAVORITE MOUNTAIN SPORTS
- How to build and maintain healthy & realistic food habits
- How food actually fuels your body and gives you energy
- Effective use of supplements
- Planning foods and menus for outdoor adventures
- Tips and alternatives for ketogenic, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free eating
- Plus, nutrition insights from 17 elite athletes
FROM BREAKFASTS TO DINNER, KILLER SALADS TO SNACKS-ON-THE-GO, REFRESHING DRINKS TO REWARDING SNACKS
You'll discover recipes such as:
- Chile Lime Grass-Fed Beef Jerky
- Apple cinnamon oatmeal protein bars
- Baked eggs in tomato sauce
Green pea hummus
- Salmon grain bowl with parmesan dressing
- Beef tagine with vegetables and farro
- Stuffed delicata squash
"Not just delicious but also nutritious ideas for outdoor adventures. Great information, too, about staying fed and hydrated doing your favorite activities, and so much more. Highly recommended for anyone looking for ideas to eat better on the trail, while camping, or even at home, particularly if you have an active lifestyle."
-LAURA (Amazon.com Review)
MEET THE AUTHORS
Winner of the 2009 James Beard Award for Best Chef Northwest, Maria Hines was also named one of Food & Wine magazine’s 10 Best New Chefs. Her organic Seattle restaurant, Tilth, is one of the nation’s top culinary destinations.
Mercedes Pollmeier is certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a strength and conditioning specialist. Based in Seattle, she holds a degree in exercise science and an MS in human movement, along with a Level 2 nutrition certification.