Climbing training, mindset & nutrition with Katja Dove
MONTHLY 1:1 CLIMBING COACHING WITH KATJA
My favorite part about coaching is to figure out where people are at, where they want to go and then meet them right there at the sweet spot of growth!
Besides climbing and nutrition, I also love talking about all things mindset which I believe lays the foundation for peak climbing and optimal nutrition. How we make sense of the world is how we move in this world. In other words, our thoughts and beliefs impact our chemistry and biology which then influence our emotions and behavior.
I often compare our bodies to race cars and our minds to drivers. We can have the fanciest, fasted car but if we don’t know how to drive it we won’t be able to go very far.
KATJA'S STREET CRED
Precision Nutrition L1 Nutrition Coaching Certification
Precision Nutrition L1 Sleep, Stress Management and Recovery Coaching Certification
Ph.D in Biochemistry - University of Washington
NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
NASM Certified Behaviour Change Specialist
- Individual training plans
- Bi-weekly calls (30min)
- Movement analysis (four videos/month)
- Access to unlimited written communication
- $500/month (3-month commitment required)
What I appreciate most about Katja’s coaching style is her intense curiosity regarding the whole “why” of a training struggle. She’s a great source of research-backed information on training and nutrition, but our conversations rarely end at a simple programming tweak or beta suggestion. Her incisive but kind questions about mindset have uncovered quite a few habits that were holding me back from progressing.
When I started working with Modus Athletica, I just wanted to be a “better” climber. I didn’t expect to become a happier climber, too!
MONTHLY 1:1 NUTRITION COACHING WITH KATJA
I am a Precision Nutrition certified health coach and have been passionate about nutrition for over 20 years now. One of the big lessons that I have learned is that there is no magic pill or a quick fix. The best approach to gaining and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is gradual and complex.
I’m here to help you with your nutrition goals, factoring in your training plan and lifestyle.
- Initial assessment call (60min)
- Weekly calls for the first month (30-60min)
- Bi-weekly calls after the first month (30-60min)
- Unlimited email access for questions and check ins
- $500/month (2-month commitment required)
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATION CALLS WITH KATJA
If you have specific topics that you would like to briefly discuss or if you want to brainstorm any strategies without any coaching, you can book a single session with Katja here.
Consultations calls work best for clients who have already established a solid foundation and do not need coaching, but instead would like to discuss very specific problems/topics for further improvement
Please keep that in mind that consultation calls do not include a separate assessment call. Due to the short nature of each call, identification of useful tactics and lifestyle modifications might be limited.
$150 for 60min
SESSIONS COULD LOOK LIKE THIS
- Overview of current training plan and possible modifications (limited in consultation calls)
- Overview of current nutritional habits and possible modifications (limited in consultation calls)
- Brainstorming individual climbing, nutrition, stress and sleep management, and recovery tactics
- Discussion of tactics around training/projecting & traveling
- Discussion about balancing motherhood & climbing
- Movement analysis
- Mindset strategies (fear of falling, performance, limiting beliefs, etc...)
She is very good at finding the right balance, whether it's between listening and providing information, acceptance and motivation, or figuring out a schedule with the right mix of training and social climbing. Her help in improving my mental and physical performance allowed my sport climbing to jump 3 letter grades in no time!